How much do you know about car tires?
Tires are an essential part of any vehicle. Here’s a short quiz to learn more about these parts and to test your knowledge.
- How many components make up modern car tires?
- Around 50
- Around 100
- Around 200
- What percentage of a vehicle’s fuel consumption is tire-related?
- Approximately 10%
- Approximately 20%
- Approximately 30%
- A tire has the most environmental impact…
- When it’s being made
- When it’s being used
- At the end of its life
- You should check your tire pressure when the tire is…
- It doesn’t matter
- C. Tires are made up of a mixture of elastomers, including natural and synthetic rubber, as well as reinforcing fillers, such as carbon black and silica, plasticizers and other chemical elements.
- B. Rolling resistance causes tires to consume one out of every five litres of fuel.
- B. This impact depends partly on how the tires are used. Underinflated tires, for example, wear down more quickly and consume more energy.
- A. Checking your car’s tire pressure when the tires are cold will ensure they’re properly inflated and optimize their performance.
Got a problem with your tires? Visit your nearest M 360 Mechanic repair shop.