Test your road safety knowledge￼
Whether you’re in the process of getting your first car or you’ve been driving for many years, refreshing your road safety knowledge is always a good idea. How quickly can you answer these three questions?
- When you’re driving at night and get blinded by the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, where should you look?
- Under which circumstances can you use the left lane on the highway?
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a punishable offence. What other situations can have similar consequences while impaired by these substances?
- The best way to reduce or eliminate headlight glare is to look to the righthand side of the road.
- The left lane is primarily reserved for overtaking other vehicles. It should never be used to slow down or cruise at the maximum allowable speed.
- You should never sit in the driver’s seat while impaired, whether the vehicle is running or not. Even if you’re in or near the vehicle — to remove the snow, for example — a police officer can legitimately believe you intend to drive in your impaired condition, which would be considered an offence.
Your vehicle’s condition affects your safety and that of other motorists. Be sure to schedule your routine maintenance at your local M 360 Mechanic.