How much do you know about vehicle maintenance?￼
Regular automobile maintenance allows you to drive safely and optimize your vehicle’s lifespan. How confident are you in your car-maintenance know-how? Take this true-or-false quiz to test your knowledge.
- You can determine if a tire is properly inflated just by looking at it.
- A clean-looking filter doesn’t need replacement.
- There’s no need to change the engine oil every 5,000 kilometres.
- Waxing protects the paint job and keeps your car looking good.
- False. A tire doesn’t always show signs of insufficient or excessive air pressure. Be aware that your tires lose an average of one pound of pressure per month with regular driving.
- False. Some particles trapped by the filter are so tiny they’re invisible to the naked eye. Despite their small size, these particles can cause components to clog up and impair your vehicle’s efficiency.
- True. The time between oil changes depends primarily on your driving habits. In most cases, this maintenance task can be done every 8,000 to 12,000 kilometres.
- True. A coat of high-quality wax makes your car’s paint job look new. It also acts as a protective barrier against potentially harmful elements like tiny stones and insects.
Is it time for maintenance on your vehicle? Visit your nearest M 360 Mechanic for personalized service.